Monday, July 20, 2009

MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I had the opportunity to watch the latest episodes of MTV's 16 and Pregnant this weekend. MTV had a marathon to wrap up the first season of the show. I must say that the show was one of the most realistic and relatable portrayals of teen pregnancy that I have ever seen. They openly show every part of the teen mother's pregnancy, including everything from start to finish. They show the problems, issues and struggles each teen mom has to face, whether it be financial issues, medical issues, teen father issues, or actual pregnancy issues. It shows how hard it is for the teens to grow up and be mothers themselves. The show even films and airs the actual live birth and what the teen moms have to go through while they are delivering their babies. If other reality TV hasn't made you emotional or even put a scare into you, this one is sure to do so. If you haven't watched this show, I strongly urge you to do so. I'm sure you will find it just as interesting and emotional as I did.

No comments: